Archives Intern, Summer 2022
The Sullivan-Sorrento Historical Society is seeking an undergraduate or graduate level intern for Summer 2022 to assist with digitization of the historical society’s archives.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The intern will digitize a variety of archival records, photographs, and objects. The intern will work closely with volunteers and the Island Institute Fellow at the historical society. This position is an opportunity to learn about and gain practical experience digitizing historical collections.
- Catalog and digitize collections using scanners and Past Perfect museum software; we will train as needed.
- Work directly with historical society staff and volunteers to connect patrons with information.
- Assist with special projects and programs, events, and exhibits, and contribute material for historical society’s website and social media.
– Current student of a degree-granting institute.
– Interest in public history.
– Able to work independently, take initiatives, and solve problems.
– Basic competency with Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
– High attention to detail.
– Experience working with historical artifacts and records.
– Experience working with digital collections.
– Knowledge of Past Perfect 5 museum software.
– Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
– Knowledge of Sullivan and Sorrento local history.
This a part-time position. The contract is for 10-12 weeks. There is some flexibility in work schedule and hours, and we will work out a schedule with a successful candidate.
The intern will receive a $3,000 stipend.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to Raina Sciocchetti at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2022. If you will earn credit from your school for this internship, please also include the name and contact information of your faculty coordinator and any requirements your school has for internships.
You can download this job description here.