Donate to the Collection
The Sullivan-Sorrento Historical Society actively collects photographs, papers, maps, memorabilia, and objects to document the history of Sullivan and Sorrento. If you would like to donate an item to our collection, we would love to hear from you.
Every donation to our collection transfers the stewardship of the item to the historical society. It will be owned by the historical society, catalogued, kept in safe storage, and available to the public. Any information we collect is more valuable if it is dated and the full name of the donor and location are included, especially for pictures.
Our collection is focused around Sullivan and Sorrento; if your donation pertains to another town, we may be able to help you find a more appropriate organization for you to contact.
Items that we accept include (but are not limited to):
– Family history related to the Sullivan-Sorrento area (photographs, letters, scrapbooks, diaries, artifacts…)
– Documentation of local events (i.e. celebrations, historic moments…)
– Records, photographs, and artifacts relating to daily life or past businesses/industries of the Sullivan-Sorrento area (i.e. photographs of hotels, store ledgers, quarry tools…)
– Copies of your research (i.e. genealogy, house histories, history of schools in the area, shipbuilding in Sullivan Harbor…)
– Oral histories (i.e. growing up in Sullivan or Sorrento…)
If you have any questions or would like to donate an item to our collection, please contact us at (207)422-0995 or email@example.com.